An Invitation to Dinner with Mark Pody, Friday, June 25 – Click HERE for details!
- Paris Post-Intelligencer: State lawsuit isn’t nearly enough
- Nooganomics: Gallagher rallies Christians to support marriage in TN
- Nooganomics: Hundreds turn out to support ‘interposition’ bill for marriage
- AM 1240 Chattanooga: Interview with Cal Zastrow on Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act HB1412
- TN: Whose voices will be heard? Fox 17 Nashville News and Homosex Marriage
- Fox News Provides Lesbian “Pastor” a “Pulpit”
- Pody Leads the Charge: News Channel 5 Reports on MTSU Poll
- Lifesitenews: Tennessee Bill would Nullify Obergefell across State
- Knoxnews.com: State Legislators Seek Nullification of Obergefell
In a brave move, a bill has been introduced in Tennessee which defies the Supreme Court opinion on homosex marriage. The bill declares that marriage between one man and one woman “remains the law in Tennessee, regardless of any court decision to the contrary. Any court decision purporting to strike down natural marriage, including Obergefell v. Hodges, is unauthoritative, void and of no effect.”
Though a resolution would have been sufficient , the bill is worded well and should be supported by all lawmakers in Tennessee.
Pressure will have to be placed on Governor Haslam and Attorney General Slatery (both Republicans) who have decided to hide behind the fiction that “the Supreme Court has ruled – all I can do is obey.”
This bill provides every American the opportunity to to take the bill to their legislators in their state and propose the same – either ask why isn’t this being done here or declare this must be done here.
*These bills are early drafts subject to finalization in the weeks to come.
Tennessee General Assembly
Tennessee Pastors Network
Mat Staver, Liberty Counsel, Endorse Tennessee HB 1412/SB 1437
Statement of Endorsement from Mat Staver, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel:
Liberty Counsel commends Representative Pody for taking the lead in resisting the marriage opinion of five lawyers on the Supreme Court. HB 1412 sets forth the reasons why that opinion is illegitimate and unconstitutional, and provides a framework for successful resistance…[Read more]